It is easy that you will definitely find axes in a range of shapes and sizes. To find the best firewood axe, it is vital to understand few features. An axe is usually designed to do everything. It varies from felling trees and trimming branches and that is to shaping Wood for sculptures. However, one thing that we forget is that not all axes are appropriate for splitting firewood.
We must understand how the splitting concept works? It is the procedure of striking the flat sawed end of a short log to separate the wood fiber. It then causes the log to split apart along its grain. Here you need a splitting axe for wood splitting. It, later on, features a large, heavy iron head with a wedge-shaped blade.
The backsides of different splitting axes also feature a sledgehammer-type head. It is called as a maul. Most often, the blade side of the splitting axe is more than sufficient for the job. However, for a large log that is for a foot or more in diameter. After that, you can increase the splitting power by placing a splitting wedge. It is of a long, narrow steel wedge. Putting a wedge into the face of the log and then using the maul end as a sledgehammer to hit it is a task. Splitting axe handles are made of three materials, one is hardwood, the second is fiberglass composite material, and the third is forged steel. Wood axe also handles are popular because they are relatively lightweight. It is also feels good to the touch. Wood axe also attracts some of the shocks from striking a log.
Table of Contents
- Top 5 Best Firewood Axe
- FAQ Firewood Axe:
- Final Verdict
Top 5 Best Firewood Axe
After a fantastic deal of research, we have chosen these top 5 best firewood axe. We will also explain all the significant features of each product. With the help of these features, you can easily decide which one to buy and which to leave.
1. Husqvarna Wooden Handle Splitting Axe
- This stunning axe is designed for the basic and casual splitting of lighter firewood.
- It is a premium hand-forged wood-splitting axe head.
- Made with robust hickory and Swedish steel.
- Comes with a leather edge cover for durability.
- This fantastic product is made in Sweden
- Includes Proposition 65 classification for California
2. Husqvarna S1600 Composite Splitting Axe
- A perfect splitting axe that you can use for splitting logs and chunks of Wood.
- It comes with a fiber-reinforced PA shaft makes the axe more durable and robust.
- Hammer function is available for ease.
- It is an effective use of splitting wedges but no steel wedges.
- The combination of the optimized axe head and the light shaft gives an easier split.
3. Adler Super Splitter Axe. Handmade in Germany
- The Splitter is a heavy-duty splitting tool that incorporates a expansion wedge.
- The unique head shape of the axe effectively powers the Wood apart.
- Ergonomic handle with unique anti-slip paint for clearer grip.
- There is a metal collar that is to project the throat of the tool.
- Head weight of the axe is 6.2 Lbs, and the steel type is C45.
4.Gransfors Bruks Splitting Maul with Gransfors
- Gränsfors splitting is mainly designed for splitting apart large chunks of Wood.
- There are many rounds in length with the handle of the size of 31.5 inches.
- It comes sharp with a protective leather cover and comes with a 20 Year Product Warranty.
- Man-made of ceramic abrasives and comes with two grinding faces.
- It covers only the AXE HEAD against manufacturing defects.
- The size of the handle is 25 inches and the item-ID is 430.
- The weight of this stunning axe is 2.6 lbs and this means there will be less weight.
- It comes with a sheath in vegetable tanned leather for better results.
- It comes with an Original Gransfors Axebook for the betterment of the manufacture.
- This stunning axe is made in Sweden for maximum durability and robust nature.
FAQ Firewood Axe:
Is A Maul Or Axe Better For Splitting Wood?
For huge chunks of Wood, it is highly vital to have the splitting maul. Besides, it is a great choice, as it is more robust and heavier in weight. It will also give you additional power.
Can You Split Firewood With A Chainsaw?
For most people, an 18 inches chainsaw is an ideal length for all the splitting firewood. Primarily for indoor fireplaces, you want a 16 inches piece of firewood.
Is It Best To Splitwood Wet Or Dry?
Yes, definitely. It might be slightly more complex than splitting dry wood. However, many people prefer to split wet Wood because it promotes faster drying times.
Can Firewood Be Too Dry?
It is not something that most people grumble about very often. However, yes, Wood can be too dry and burn even faster than the case at an optimal 10-15% MC.
Can Wood Get Too Old To Burn?
Wood will burn just fine, but yes, it will also have less heat in it. it is also than the same wood would have that is only experienced a couple of years.
To conclude this detailed and enhanced research of this best firewood axe, we would like to say that here we have present the top 5 products. We hope that you can easily find the best product for your home and work.